Vaping technology is advancing at a faster rate than ever before, meaning that vapers now have more options to choose from than ever when trying to purchase the right vaping setup for their needs. In the world of pod mods, you can find literally hundreds of devices that are each designed to deliver salt nic e-liquid in the most satisfying way possible.
When choosing the right pod mod for your needs, you have to first decide if you wish to purchase an open pod system or a closed pod system. These two types of pod mods are very different from each other and each boast their own unique benefits and drawbacks.
If you’re totally new to the world of vaping, we understand that you might be a bit intimidated by all of the choices that are available. Luckily for you, we’ve come up with this simple guide that will help you decide whether an open pod system or a closed pod system is what you need to experience the most satisfying vape possible.
Open Pod Systems
Open pod systems consist of a battery mod and a pod cartridge that’s refillable. Because the pod cartridge is refillable, you can try any salt nic e-liquid that you’d like. Today, almost every vape juice brand makes salt nic versions of their popular flavors.
Typically, an open pod system will have a plug on the pod cartridge, allowing you to easily insert a bottle of salt nic e-liquid into the fill port while preventing leaks and spills.
- Open pod systems are especially popular among vapers who are accustomed to box mod systems that come with sub-ohm tanks. That’s because they’re used to choosing between hundreds of flavors whenever they have to stock up on e-liquid.
- If you want to be able to vape virtually any flavor under the sun, an open pod system is probably best for you.
- Additionally, many find that using an open pod system has money-saving benefits.
- It seems that buying salt nic e-liquid by the bottle is much less expensive than purchasing the packs of pre-filled juice pods that are compatible with closed pod systems.
- Some vapers don’t enjoy open pod systems because having to constantly refill the pod cartridge is simply too much work.
- Also, when you have the ability to fill your own pod cartridge with e-liquid, there’s a greater chance that you’ll experience leaks, floods or spills, causing you to waste juice.
Closed Pod Systems
A closed pod system is like an open pod system except that the pod cartridges are pre-filled with salt nic e-liquid and are disposable. The pre-filled pod cartridges come in packs and each one snaps into place. With a closed pod system, it’s likely that you’ll only be able to use pre-filled pods made by the manufacturer who created your pod system.
- Closed pod systems are widely considered more user-friendly because they don’t require the user to purchase separate bottles of e-liquid and refill their pod cartridges throughout the day.
- They’re also less likely to leak as the manufacturer tends to take great care to fill each cartridge properly.
- When you use a closed pod system, you’re limited to the selection of flavors that the pod mod manufacturer has produced.
- Another drawback is that you’ll likely end up spending more money over time because pre-filled pod cartridges tend to cost more per milliliter of juice than salt nic e-liquid that comes in a bottle.
The Pod System Choice is Yours
Whether you choose a closed pod system, or an open pod system is totally up to you, as no one type of system is objectively better than the other. What matters most is that you opt for high-quality vaping products from reliable manufactures here at LoadUp Vape Supply.